The Erna and Julius Hertz Nursery School offers a unique multifaceted pre-school program for children ages 2.9 through age 5.
Affiliated with Temple Israel of Sharon, the program offers varied experiences, equipment, and curriculum to encourage the child's social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth.
Hertz Nursery School was one of the first schools to be awarded Magen HaGan Early Childhood Judaic Accreditation by the Greater Boston Bureau of Jewish Education. In May 2005, Hertz received re-accreditation of the Magen HaGan.
Hertz's curriculum provides a seamless integration of the secular and Judaic environment. Children explore and are exposed to a theme-oriented program that compliment areas of Jewish living and learning. This includes holiday celebrations, integrated family programs, introduction of Israel and Hebrew and"Taam Shel Shabbat-A Taste of Shabbat" family experiences.
- Hertz also offers a Transitional Kindergarten, and Summer programs.
- Licensed by the Department of Early Education and Childcare (DEEC)
- Certified Early Childhood Educators
- Small student teacher ratio
- Age-appropriate class setting and equipment
- Exciting outside play space, nature environs and outdoor classroom space.
- Music and Creative Movement
- Parent-oriented seminars and workshops
- Science center