Joining Temple Israel
The benefits of membership – almost too many to list! However, the biggest benefit is community – we are here for you as much as you are here for us. But why join Temple Israel? For starters...
- A warm, friendly, traditional egalitarian conservative congregation;
- High Holy Day tickets included in membership;
- An extensive Adult Education program and our Tiferet Center. Members also benefit from reduced registration fees, though many events are free;
- Many types of prayer services from traditional Shabbat services to Mishpacha Minyan (song-filled, community-led) or Bim Bam Shabbat (family-focused, clergy-led) services on Friday night to intergenerational Shabbat services and events for all ages and Tot Shabbat and Junior Congregation services. Come be a part of one!
- Develop community through Shorashim ("roots") programs for families with young children
- Daily Minyan, the only twice-daily egalitarian minyan between Newton and Providence;
- Our "Framework of Excellence" Religious School;
- Brotherhood/Sisterhood free for first year. Brotherhood chapter voted best in USA of Federation of Men's Jewish Clubs!
- Award-winning USY chapter for youth grades 4-12, and youth groups for children in grades 2-3;
- Hebrew High School learning seminars for 8th-12th grades;
- Onsite Hertz Nursery school;
- Large, active, award-winning Hazak chapter (social and educational group for adults 55+);
- Hessed (Caring Community);
- Individualized Bar and Bat Mitzvah preparation;
- Life-cycle events such as baby naming, funeral, wedding, and shiva services;
- Yahrzeit date notification;
- Interfaith families are welcomed at Temple Israel;
- Sisterhood's Walter Family Gift Shop is available on-site;
- Many opportunities for volunteering and community service;
- And more!
We're building new traditions on the shoulders of the long-standing ones. Experience them with us! Join us as we build new traditions.
Call our office at 781-784-3986 to visit or inquire about membership or email Executive Director Josh Blumenthal.