Pray ~ Schmooze ~ Eat ~ Sing
- Select the appropriate Meal Choice from the drop-down menu, enter the quantity and click on "Add to Cart."
- If you need to register for different options (e.g. vegetarian meals, adults, children), you will need to add each to your cart separately.
- Once you have added the appropriate items to your cart, click on the shopping cart icon that will appear in the top right-hand corner of your screen to review your order and proceed to checkout.
You can also register and pay by check. (Drop your check off at the Temple Israel office or mail to Temple Israel, PO Box 377, Sharon, MA, 02067. Checks should be payable to Temple Israel.)
Turn an ordinary Friday night into a Shabbat experience at the joyous Mishpacha Minyan service and dinner.
Join with the Temple Israel community to transition from the hectic work week to the calm of Shabbat in this truly communal service.
Mishpacha Minyan is a lay-led spirited Kabbalat Shabbat service for the entire community. Full of melody and song, the service is both intimate and engaging at any level of Hebrew or musical ability.
Not just for families, everyone is welcome; families, singles, empty nesters, seniors, new members, veteran members – you get it – everyone! Dinner and services are held monthly during the year, the service and singing are most other Friday nights.
Following services at 6:15pm, all are welcome to join us for dinner. Register below, by filling out the form for upcoming Mishpacha Minyan dinners. Dinner reservations are not required for those who simply wish to join in the prayer service at 6:15pm.
Dates for 2016-2017:
- September 23, 2016 (register by Sept. 20)
- November 11, 2016 (register by Nov. 8)
- December 2, 2016 (register by Nov. 29)
- January 20, 2016 (register by Jan. 17)
- March 3, 2017 (register by Feb. 28)
- March 24, 2017 (register by Mar. 21)
Partnering with the Social Action Committee, we'll welcome Rabbi David Jaffe, an educator and author of the recently published Changing the World From The Inside Out: A Jewish Approach to Personal and Social Change, at our service and dinner for a spirited and inspiring conversation on social activism through a Jewish lens.
- May 5, 2017 (register by May 2)
- June 2, 2017 (register by May 30)
Want to help make it all happen? The Mishpacha Minyan group is always looking for new members. Let us know if you can come and help out!