Nominations for Temple Israel's
Board of Trustees
In May 2019, per the Temple Israel by-laws, we will be electing individuals to these Officer positions:
• Vice President for Education
• Vice President for Finance
• Vice President for Jewish Communal Life
• Vice President for Operations
• Assistant Treasurer
One of the Vice Presidents will also be elected to the position of Executive Vice President.
In addition, we will be electing Trustees with Portfolio, who will be chairing the following committees:
• Adult and Family Education
• Leadership Development and Nominations
• Human Resources
If you would like to nominate any person to serve in any of these positions on the Board of Trustees, please complete the information requested in the Nomination Form below no later than February 10, 2019. Each person nominated will be considered. The committee will hold all recommendations in strict confidence. A successful Trustee may have one or more of the following traits:
• Commitment to synagogue and Jewish life;
• Advocate for Temple Israel and its programs and activities;
• Leadership skills and attributes;
• Fundraising capabilities;
*Please note that our bylaws state who is eligible for the above positions.
The relevant bylaws are here.
We also would love to hear from you if you are interested in serving on, or chairing any of the many other committees that are so important to the life of our synagogue. Please let us know whether you are interested in serving on any of our active committees, including Social Action, Budget, Cultural Arts, Communications, Keruv and Hessed.
Thank you in advance for your thoughtful suggestions submitted via the Nomination Form.
Lisa Fishman, Chair
Leadership Development and Nominations Committee