Temple Israel of Sharon Brotherhood’s mission is to strengthen our members’ ties to Jewish values, to build communal ties, to support Temple Israel, and to build fellowship and camaraderie through social interaction, education, performing mitzvot, and a commitment to tikkun olam.
Who We Are
The Brotherhood of Temple Israel has been acknowledged as one of the most celebrated clubs in North America by the International Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs. We won acclaim for overall programming, for Hearing Men’s Voices, for our “To Life!” health and wellness program, and for “The Mitzvah Men.” Last year, our Mitzvah Men walked for hunger, helped build a Habitat house, and played an important role in providing needed resources for the TI Community via the Rabbi’s fund and other functions. As a group, we work hard to support the community, and we have a great time doing it! We are proud of being able to contribute during times of need.
Here are some of the great events you will see sponsored by our Brotherhood:
- Sunday morning breakfast programs with great food fascinating speakers
- The Jewish Routes Breakfast Program
- “Mitzvah Men” tikkun olam (healing the world) projects
- The “Best of the Best” award-winning Hearing Men Voices series
- Learning about the spiritual dimensions of prayer and the holidays
- Movie nights, Texas Hold’Em
- Bob Zeitsiff Memorial Brotherhood Weekend
- Chanukah family party
- Annual Online Auction
- Patriots Football on the Big Screen and our annual “Big Game” Party
- Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- The “Tour de Shuls” bike rally
- Tennis on Tuesdays, Shabbat Biking, Cross country skiing and Kayaking
- Man of the Year Breakfast
- USY/Brotherhood mini-golf, softball and bowling events
- Keeper of the Flame Dinner
- TheRetreat at Camp Ramah
...and, there is always more!